Maryam Saeedifard received the B.S. and M.S. degrees from Isfahan University of Technology, Isfahan, Iran, in 1998 and 2002, respectively, and the Ph.D. degree from the University of Toronto, Canada, in 2008, all in electrical engineering.
From 2007 to 2008, she was with ABB Corporate Research Center, Dattwil-Baden, Switzerland, working in the power electronic systems group. She joined Purdue University in January 2010, where she served as an assistant professor in the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering. Since January 2014, she has been on the ECE faculty at the Georgia Institute of Technology.
Her main research focus has been in the area of Power Electronics and Applications of Power Electronics in Power Systems and Transportation Systems. She has served on the technical program committees of the IEEE Power Electronics Society, IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC), and IEEE Industrial Electronics Conference (IECON). She is an editor for IEEE Trans. on Sustainable Energy, IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, and IEEE Trans. on Power Electronics.
- Power electronics
- High voltage direct current (HVDC) transmission
- High-power energy conversion
- Grid integration of renewable energy resources
- Hybrid electric vehicles and transportation systems
- The Acorn Award (Excellence in Research) from the Office of Vice President for Research at Purdue University, 2011 and 2012
- Member at Large of the IEEE Power Electronics Society, 2013-2015
- National Academy of Engineering, Frontiers in Engineering Education, 2012
- Invited Speaker at the National Academy of Engineering, Frontiers in Engineering Symposium, 2011
- Senior Member, IEEE
- Richard M. Bass Outstanding Young Power Electronics Engineer Award, IEEE Power Electronics Society, 2010
J. Dasika Deepti, B. Bahrani, M. Saeedifard,A. Karimi, and A. Rufer, "Multivariable Control of Single-Inductor Dual-Output Buck Converters," IEEE Trans. on Power Electronics, Vol. 29, No. 4, pp. 2061-2070, 2014.
S. Debnath, J. Qin, B. Bahrani, M. Saeedifard, and P. B. Mantovalleni, "Operation, Control, and Applications of the Modular Multilevel Converter : A Review," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics.
J. Qin and M. Saeedifard, "Reduced Switching Frequency Voltage Balancing Strategies for Modular Multilevel HVDC Converters," IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, Vol. 28, No. 4, pp. 2403- 2410, 2013.
B. Bahrani, M. Saeedifard, A. Karimi, and A. Rufer, "A Multivariable Design Methodology for Voltage Control of a Single-DG-Unit Microgrid," IEEE Trans. on Industrial Informatics, Vol.9, No. 2, pp. 589-599, 2013.
J. Qin and M. Saeedifard, "Predictive Control of a Modular Multi-Level Converter for a Back-to-Back HVDC Transmission System," IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, Vol. 27, No. 3, pp. 1538-1547, 2012.
M. Saeedifard and R. Iravani, "Dynamic Performance of a Modular Multilevel Back-to-Back HVDC System," IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, Vol. 25, No. 4, pp. 2903-2912, 2010.
Last revised May 10, 2016