Jeffrey Alan Davis received his B.E.E., M.S.E.E., and Ph.D. from Georgia Tech in 1993, 1997, and 1999, respectively. Dr. Davis has co-authored over 75 refereed journal, conference, and workshop publications, and his papers have been referenced over 2500 times by researchers from around the world [scholar.google.com]. He also co-authored and co-edited a book entitled Interconnect Technology and Design for Gigascale Integration, which has recently been translated into Chinese and republished in 2010. His current research interests are exploring the low-frequency electrical properties of nanocomposite materials, and in 2012-2013 he was awarded the Georgia Tech Fund for Innovation in Research and Education (GT-FIRE) for this work. The application of this technology is to develop solid-state capacitors that have extremely high-energy density for electrical energy storage. He also explores novel ways to completely replace conventional electrochemical batteries with capacitive energy storage in a variety of everyday products.
- Low-Frequency Electrical Properties of Nanocomposite Materials
- Surface Polarization Mechanisms in Large Bandgap Insulators
- Energy Storage Limits of Dielectric Nanolaminate Structures
- Microstructual Simulation of Nanocomposites Using FD and FEM
- Supercapacitor Energy Storage Applications in Transportation, Robotics, and Computing
- 2001 NSF CAREER Award
- 2002-2003 Outstanding Junior Faculty Award in ECE
- 2004-2005 Class of 1940 W. Roane Beard Outstanding Teacher Award
- 2006 Education Partnership Award
- 2007, 2013 ECE Outreach Award
- 2007 HKN Richard M. Bass Outstanding Teaching Award
- 2009 S.C. Sun Best Student Paper Award at IITC
- 2011,2013 Class of 1934 Course Survey Teaching Effectiveness Award
- 2012-2013 Awardee of the Georgia Tech Fund for Innovation in Research and Education
J.A. Davis, D. Brown, W. Henderson, "Fractal Electrode Formation in Metal-Insulator Composites Near the Percolation Threshold," IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 725-733, Sept. 2013.
G. Lopez, J.A. Davis, and J. Meindl, "A New Physical Model and Experimental Measurements of Copper Interconnect Resistivity Considering Size Effects and Line-Edge Roughness (LER)," Proceedings of the IEEE 2009 International Interconnect Technology Conference (IITC), pp. 231-234, June 2009.
V. Deodhar and J.A. Davis, "Optimal Voltage Scag, Repeater Insertion, and Wire Sizing for Wave-Pipelined Global Interconnects," IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems-I: Fundamental Theory and Application, vol. 55, no. 4, pp.1023-30, May 2008.
M. Usselman, J.A. Davis, and J. Rosen, "Diversifying Participation in FIRST LEGO League,"2008 American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) Conference Proceedings, pp. 750, 2008.
A. Joshi and J.A. Davis, "Wave-Pipelined Multiplexed (WPM) Routing for Gigascale Integration (GSI),"IEEE Transactions on VLSI Systems, vol. 13, no. 8, pp. 899-910, August 2005
Jeffrey A. Davis, V.K. De, J.D. Meindl: "A Stochastic Wire Length Distribution for Gigascale Integration (GSI) Part I: Derivation and Validation," IEEE Transaction on Electron Devices, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 580-589, March, 1998.
Last revised November 24, 2015