ECE Course Syllabus
ECE6258 Course Syllabus
Digital Image Processing (3-0-3)
- Technical Interest
- Digital Signal Processing
- A course in digital signal processing (ECE4270 or equivalent).
- Catalog Description
- An introduction to the fundamentals and the theory of multidimensional signal processing and digital image processing, including key applications in multimedia products and services including machine learning
- .(optional) (comment: A list of reference materials will be provided in the syllabus.
There is no required text for this course. Extensive course notes will be provided.)
SPIs are a subset of the abilities a student will be able to demonstrate upon successfully completing the course.
- Topical Outline
1. Introduction to multidimensional signal processing 2-D convolution and filtering 2-D discrete-time Fourier transform 2-D sampling and reconstruction 2. Transforms DFT DCT KLT Wavelets and Directional Transforms 3. Applications: Image Coding Optical Flow, Motion Estimation and Video Coding Image Quality Assessment Enhancement, Restoration, and Denoising Edge/point/line Detection Retrieval and Similarity Indexes Saliency and Attention Models 4. Machine Learning for Images Intro. to Machine Learning and its Applications in Image Processing Basis Functions for Images and Autoencoders Fund. of Linear Classifiers and SVMs Basics of CNNs and Recent Applications in Image Classifications Scene Labeling (Supervised and Weakly Supervised) Overview of LSTM, RNN, and NTM for Image-related Applications 5. Color Processing Color Space Color Conversion Color Component Transportation 6. Recent Trends in Image Processing
© 2021 Georgia Institute of Technology