Update: On Sunday, Oct. 8,volunteers will organize and pack donations in Room 205, Habersham Building, Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts (781 Marietta St NW).
The catastrophic damage resulting from Hurricane Maria has left most residents of Puerto Rico in dire need. In response, members of the Georgia Tech community have organized a campaign to provide much needed aid to the Commonwealth.
For the next two weeks, several locations on the Tech campus will serve as collection points for essential goods (hygiene products and household goods), non-perishable food, and over-the-counter medicine. Donations may be dropped off at the following locations:
- MoSE (Molecular Science and Engineering Building): Main Office
- IBB (Petit Institute for Bioengineering and Biosciences): Main Office; Room 1103. Contact Laura Paige
- Registrar’s Office: contact Luis Ocasio
- INTA (Sam Nunn School of International Affairs): contact Marilu Suarez
- MRDC (Manufacturing Related Disciplines Complex): Room 3112. Contact Camellia Henry
To make a monetary contribution to aid in the relief efforts, visit the Puerto Rico We’re PResent GoFundMe site.
For more information on how to help, including a complete listing of accepted items, visit https://diasporapresente.wixsite.com/diasporapresente.
Last revised October 4, 2017