Six teams of inventors will learn tonight which of them will win the 2017 InVenture Prize.
The annual Georgia Tech competition brings together student innovators to foster creativity, invention and entrepreneurship.
The finale begins at 7:30 p.m. in the Ferst Center for the Arts. It will air live on GPB and can be watched online here.
Meet the finalists:
- Capable Cane is a walking cane that unfolds into a portable, full-sized comfortable seat.
- CauteryGuard is a safer electrocautery device, which is used by medical personnel to remove unwanted tissue and to stop bleeding.
- CPR+ is a CPR mask that allows an untrained bystander to perform CPR by walking the user through each step of the process.
- Gaitway are transportable, collapsible parallel bars for physical therapists to use when working with children.
- InternBlitz takes the digital college application system of the Common App and applies it to internships.
- PickAR uses augmented reality technology so warehouses can process orders more efficiently.
The winning team earns $20,000 and represents Georgia Tech in the annual ACC InVenture Prize, taking place on campus March 31.
The second-place team gets $10,000.
Both first- and second-place finishers will receive free U.S. patent filings.
A $5,000 People’s Choice Award will go to the fans’ favorite invention. Voting will be held online and by text messaging during the finale.
InVenture Prize Logo
Last revised May 15, 2020