In many ways, Senior Design at ECE is the defining achievement that represents four years of hard work. As an ECE student, you are required to use not only your technical skills, but also your creativity and entrepreneurial spirit. You’re tackling the biggest project in your college career and doing it alongside a tight-knit team of classmates. We want you to capture your senior design experience on video—the triumphs, the challenges, and above all—the FUN!
We want you to be creative, so we aren’t going to set too many parameters. However, here are some items that you might want to address:
- What have you gotten out of the senior design process (lessons learned)?
- Team dynamics (how your teamed was formed, what it was like working with your team).
- Your relationship with your faculty advisor.
- What it was like working with an industry sponsor (if applicable).
- How do you think the experience has prepared you for either a job or further study?
Video submissions will be added to the ECE website and the ECE YouTube channel. We are also working with an outside videographer on a professional video that tells the story of senior design. If we like your footage, we may incorporate it into the “pro” video.
So where does the “contest” come in? After all of the videos are submitted, we will send out a survey for ECE students to vote on their favorite video. Prizes will be awarded as follows based on the number of votes:
1st Place: $350
2nd Place: $250
3rd Place: $150
There will also be a $350 Judges Choice Award voted on by a panel of faculty and staff.
Sound good? Great. Now on to the fine print:
- The competition is for ECE undergraduate students only. You don’t have to be a senior, but having that “first person” viewpoint will probably be helpful.
- Make sure your video is no longer than four minutes.
- If possible, we would like your video to be shot in HD and horizontal format.
- All entries must be submitted by midnight, May 15, 2014, to the ECE Video Contest site on T-Square.
- All people who appear in the video should sign a waiver, available here.
- Please upload your video file (mp4 format) and waiver form via the Drop Box. Please note, you must first join the site before uploading files.
Last revised August 1, 2017