Tushar Krishna is an Assistant Professor in the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Georgia Tech, with an adjunct appointment in the School of Computer Science. He received a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 2014. Prior to that, he received a M.S.E in Electrical Engineering from Princeton University in 2009, and a B.Tech in Electrical Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi in 2007.
Before joining Georgia Tech in 2015, Dr. Krishna worked as a post-doctoral researcher in the VSSAD Group at Intel, Massachusetts and at the Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART) Center.
Dr. Krishna’s research spans computer architecture, interconnection networks, networks-on-chip (NoC), and AI accelerators - with a focus on optimizing data movement in modern computing systems. He has over 40 publications in leading conferences and journals, which have amassed over 4240 citations to date. Two of his papers got selected for IEEE Micro’s Top Picks from Computer Architecture and two have won best paper awards. He co-authored a textbook on NoCs in 2017, and developed the Garnet2.0 NoC simulator that is being used by over 100 researchers world-wide. He received the National Science Foundation (NSF) CRII award in 2018.
Dr. Krishna enjoys creative pursuits, and has dabbled in time-lapse photography, glass flameworking, and building a quadcopter.
- Computer Architecture
- Networks-on-Chip (NoC)
- Interconnection Networks
- Reconfigurable Computing and FPGAs
- Heterogeneous Architectures
- Deep Learning Accelerators
- High-Performance Computing
- NSF CRII Award, 2018
- Best Paper Award at the Design Automation and Test in Europe (DATE) Conference, 2017
- Best Paper Award at the 8th International Symposium on Networks-on-Chip, 2014
- IEEE Micro Top Picks from Computer Architecture Conferences: 2009 and 2014
- Princeton Graduate Fellowship 2007-08
- ICIM Stay Ahead Award for the Best Undergraduate Project in Computer Technology, IIT Delhi, 2007
Please refer to http://synergy.ece.gatech.edu/publications/ for a list of Dr. Krishna’s publications.
Last revised August 14, 2018