Open-Enrollment Course: "Cybersecurity: A Systems Approach Core Course"
Tuesday, August 15, 2017
For More Information
As many business sectors become increasingly information-centric and network-reliant, cyber security becomes a critical pillar of the enterprise. This course explores information security vulnerabilities and how to approach cyber security resilience as a complex system. Effective frameworks for assessing and managing information security within an enterprise architecture, including systems engineering, are examined. Conduct workshop exercises to practice newly learned techniques for identifying vulnerabilities, defining threats, assessing risk, and designing a security plan.
Who Should Attend
Managers, engineers and other technical professionals with growing responsibility for cyber security design/administration/management or network administration, professionals in government or data-rich industries such as energy, finance, healthcare and defense whose roles are highly impacted by the security of data, professionals moving into cyber security roles
How You Will Benefit
- Develop foundational knowledge of the principles of information security and the nature of cyber defense.
- Understand how systems engineering processes are effectively applied to securing complex, connected systems.
- Develop a linkage between enterprise architecture and business processes.
- Learn techniques for evaluating threats and risk so that you can make proactive decisions to reduce the impact of security breaches.
- Develop and practice your skills for assessing risk/threats, designing a security plan and providing a path for business continuity in the event of a security incident.
Information security principles and the need for a systems engineering approach
Vulnerabilities and emerging threats
Information assurance standards
Web presence and applications
Assessing and managing risk: A decision-making framework
Business continuity and disaster recovery
Hands-on cyber security project
Last revised August 7, 2017