Mari Carmen Domingo was born in Barcelona, Spain. She received her Lic. degree in Telecommunications Engineering and her Ph.D. in Telematics Engineering from the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC), Barcelona, Spain in 1999 and 2005, respectively. She currently works as Lecturer at the Department of Telematics Engineering, doing research in wireless networks. She has published several papers in international journals and a book chapter. Dr. Domingo has worked on a number of national and European R&D projects. Her current research interests are in the area of mobile ad-hoc networks, wireless sensor networks, heterogeneous networks and distributed algorithms. She is an IEICE and IEEE member. She received the ALCATEL “Best Ph. D. thesis in wired-wireless convergence: applications and services” award from the Spanish Telecommunication Engineers Official Association (COIT) in 2006. From February 2008, she is visiting the Broadband Wireless Networking Laboratory, Georgia Institute of Technology, under the supervision of Prof. Ian F. Akyildiz.
- Wireless Ad-Hoc Networks
- Wireless Sensors Networks
- Underwater Wireless Sensor Networks
- M. C. Domingo and D. Remondo, “An Improved Resource Allocation Scheme for VBR VoIP Support in Ad Hoc Networks Connected to Fixed IP Networks”, Special Issue on “Wireless Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks”, Journal of Internet Technology (JIT), Vol. 6 (2005), No. 1, January 2005, pp. 93-100, ISSN 1607-9264.
- M. C. Domingo and D. Remondo, “An Interaction Model for QoS Support in Ad Hoc Networks Connected to Fixed IP Networks”, Special Issue on “Mobile Systems, E-commerce and Agent Technology” of the International Journal of Wireless and Mobile Computing (IJWMC), Vol. 1, Issue 7 (2005).
- M. C. Domingo and R. Prior, “An Adaptive Gateway Discovery Algorithm to support QoS when providing Internet Access to Mobile Ad Hoc Networks”, Journal of Networks, vol. 2, issue 2, 2007, pp. 33-44, ISSN 1796-2056.
- M. C. Domingo and R. Prior, “Energy Analysis of Routing Protocols for Underwater Wireless Sensor Networks”, Accepted for publication in Elsevier Computer Communications Journal, (In Press, Corrected Proof, Available online 22 November 2007), 2008.
- M. C. Domingo and D. Remondo, “QoS Support between Ad Hoc Networks and Fixed IP Networks”, Accepted for publication in Elsevier Computer Communications Journal, Special Issue on End-to-end Support over Heterogeneous Wired-Wireless Networks, 2008.
- M. C. Domingo, D. Remondo and O. León, “A Simple Routing Scheme for Improving Ad Hoc Network Survivability”, Proceedings of IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference (IEEE GLOBECOM 2003), San Francisco, USA, Dec. 2003, ISBN 0-7803-7975-6.
- M. C. Domingo and D. Remondo, “State of Art in Multi-Hop Ad Hoc Networks”, EUNICE Summer School on Next Generation Networks, Proceedings of Eunice’2003, Budapest, Hungary, Sept. 2003, pp.219-225, ISBN 963-421-576-9.
- M. C. Domingo and D. Remondo, “An Interaction Model between Ad-hoc Networks and Fixed IP Networks for QoS Support”, Proceedings of the Seventh ACM International Symposium on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Wireless and Mobile Systems (ACM MSWIM 2004), Venice, Italy, Oct. 2004, pp. 188-194, ISBN 1-58113-953-5.
- M. C. Domingo and D. Remondo, “Analysis of VBR VoIP Traffic for Ad Hoc Connectivity with a Fixed IP Network”, Proceedings of IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (IEEE VTC 2004-Fall), Los Angeles, USA, Sept. 2004, ISBN 0-7803-8522-5.
- M. C. Domingo and D. Remondo, “A Cooperation Model between Ad Hoc Networks and Fixed Networks for Service Differentiation”, Proceedings of IEEE Wireless Local Networks (IEEE WLN 2004), held in conjunction with Local Computer Networks (LCN), Tampa, Florida, USA, Nov. 2004, pp. 692-693, ISBN 0-7695-2260-2.
- M. C. Domingo and D. Remondo, “A Cooperation Model and Routing Protocol for QoS Support in Ad Hoc Networks Connected to Fixed IP Networks”, Service Assurance with Partial and Intermittent Resources (SAPIR 2005), Lisbon, Portugal, July 2005, pp. 390-395, IEEE Computer Society, ISBN 0-7695-2388-9.
- M. C. Domingo, “Service Differentiation Via Adaptive Gateway Discovery in Ad Hoc Networks Connected to Wired Networks”, 5th International IFIP-TC6 Networking Conference (Networking 2006), Coimbra, Portugal, vol. 3976 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Berlin, 2006, Springer Verlag, pp. 13-24, ISBN 3-540-34192-7.
- M. C. Domingo, “Integration of ad hoc networks with fixed networks using an adaptive gateway discovery protocol”, 2nd IEE International Conference on Intelligent Environments, Athens, Greece, July 2006, pp. 371-379, ISBN 9780863416637.
- M. C. Domingo, R. Prior, “A Distributed Clustering Scheme for Underwater Wireless Sensor Networks”, Proceedings of 18th Annual IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC 2007), Athens, Greece, Sept. 2007.
- M. C. Domingo and R. Prior, “Design and Analysis of a GPS-free Routing Protocol for Underwater Wireless Sensor Networks in Deep Water”, Accepted for publication in International Workshop for Under Water Sensors and Systems (UNWAT), Oct. 2007.
- M. C. Domingo and D. Remondo, “Analyzing Voice Transmission between Ad Hoc Networks and fixed IP Networks providing end-to-end Quality of Service”, Advances in Wireless Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks, (edited by Maggie Cheng and Deying Li.), series: Signals and Communication Technology, Cambridge, MA, USA: Springer SBM, April 2008, ISBN 978-0-387-68565-6.
Complete Publication list on demand.
- Performing a play
Advisor @ GaTech: Ian
Lab: Broadband Wireless Networking
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332, USA
Last modified on 20/02/2008