Bolstered by the support of over $56 million in grants and contracts, ECE faculty and students pursue advances in research that support economic growth, environmental protection, national security, and improved quality of life.
Research conducted in ECE at Georgia Tech spans a wide spectrum of activity, including electrical energy systems operations, speech analysis and recognition, enhanced distance learning technologies, medical imaging, robotics, and computer network security.
This section of the ECE web site is organized as follows:
- Research Groups and Labs provide links to
group/lab web sites and the names of the faculty directors.
- Faculty Research Areas describe 11 areas of specialization, known as "Technical Interest Groups" (TIGs).
- Research Centers provide links to center web sites, mission statements, and faculty contact information.
- Faculty Companies describe businesses established by ECE faculty with the help of the Advanced Technology Development Center (ATDC). Web site links and faculty contacts are also provided.
- Patents provide a listing of recent patents issued to ECE faculty and students through the Georgia Tech Research Corporation.
Last revised on September 16, 2010.