Faculty Profile - Christopher F Barnes
Digital Signal Processing
Office: Cent 5191
Selected Publications, Patents
- Zaidan, M.Y., Barnes, C.F. and Wicker, S.B., "Use of sigma-trees as constellations in trellis-coded modulation", IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, volume 43, number 6, pages 2005-2012, November 1997.
- Barnes, C.F., Rizvi, S.A. and Nasrabadi, N.M., "Advances in residual vector quantization: a review," IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, volume 5, number 2, pages 226-262, February 1996.
- Kossentini, F., Smith, M.J.T. and Barnes, C.F., "Image coding using entropy-constrained residual vector quantization," IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, volume 4, number 10, pages 1349-1357, October 1995.
- Kossentini, F., Smith, M.J.T. and Barnes, C.F., "Necessary conditions for the optimality of variable rate residual vector quantization," IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, volume 41, number 6, Part 2, pages 1903-1914, November 1995.
- Barnes, C. F., Coding and Quantization, volume 14 of DIMACS Series in Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science, chapter: "Tree structured signal space codes," pages 33-53. American Mathematical Society, 1993. Edited by Calderbank, R., Forney, Jr., G. D., and Moayeri, N.
- Barnes, C. F. and Frost, R. L., "Vector quantizers with direct sum codebooks," IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, volume 39, number 2, pages 565-580, March 1993.
Last revised on June 06, 2008.