Faculty Profile - William Terrill Rhodes
Optics & Photonics Group
Fax: 33 387.20.3940
Office: VL E482
Selected Publications, Patents
- William T. Rhodes: "The Essence of Fourier Optics: A Teacher's Perspective on an Evolving Subject," invited presentation at Georgia Tech Lorraine/Supelec Colloques Communs, Technopole Metz 2000, France, 2000.
- Jean-Marc Merolla, Yuri Mazurenko, Jean-Pierre Goedgebuer, and William T. Rhodes, "Single photon interference with phase-modulated sidebands for quantum cryptography," Phys. Rev. Lett. 82, no. 8 (February 1999), pp. 1656-1659.
- William T. Rhodes: "Texture Classification by Nonlinear Optical Filtering," invited presentation at the University of Valencia (Spain), 1996.
- S.P. DeWeerth, T.J. Drabik, William T. Rhodes, H. Urey: "Optoelectronic Image Processor for Multi-resolution Gabor Filtering," 1996 IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, pp. 3236-3239, 1996.
- William T. Rhodes: "Optics Research at Georgia Institute of Technology," invited presentation at the European Community Joint Research Center, Ispra, Italy, 1996.
- William T. Rhodes, H. Urey: "Optoelectronic Camera for Multiscale Gabor Transforms," in OSA Annual Meeting & Exhibit, Optical Society of America, p. 184, Portland, OR, p. 184, 1995.
- Gisele Welch and William T. Rhodes, "Imaging diffuser-obscured objects by making coherence measurements on enhanced backscatter radiation," Journal of the Optical Society of America A, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp. 539-542 (April 1992).
- David N. Sitter and William T. Rhodes, "Three-dimensional imaging: A space invariant model for space variant systems," Applied Optics, Vol. 29, No. 26 (10 Sept. 1990), pp. 3789-3794.
- W. T. Cathey, B. R. Frieden, W. T. Rhodes, C. K. Rushforth, "Image gathering and processing for enhanced resolution," Journal of the Optical Society of America Part A, Vol. 1 (1984), pp. 241-250.
- W. T. Rhodes and P. S. Guilfoyle, "Acousto-optic algebraic processing architectures," Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 72, pp. 820-830. (1984). (Invited)
- W. T. Rhodes and J. W. Goodman, "An interferometric technique for recording and restoring images degraded by unknown aberrations," Journal of the Optical Society of America, Vol. 63, p. 647-657 (1973).
Last revised on June 06, 2008.