Faculty Profile - Bonnie H Ferri
|Professor; Associate Chair for Undergraduate Affairs|
Systems and Controls
Office: VL W204B
Selected Publications, Patents
- G. Droge, B. Ferri, and O. Chiu, "Distributed Laboratories: Control System Experiments with LabVIEW and the LEGO NXT Platform," to be presented at the ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, San Antonio, June 2012.
- B. Ferri, J. Auerbach, "A Portable Finite State Machine Module Experiment for In-Class Use in Lecture-Based Course," to be presented at the ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, San Antonio, June 2012.
- E. Ould-Ahmed-Vall, G. Riley and B.H. Ferri, "A Distributed Fault-Tolerant Algorithm for Event Detection Using Heterogeneous Wireless Sensor Networks" to appear in IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing.
- G. Runge, A. Ferri, and B. Ferri, "Frequency-Weighted Variable Length Controllers Using Anytime Control Strategies," Proceedings of the 2011 ASME International Mechanical Engineering Conference and Exposition, Paper No IMECEC2011-64491, Denver, CO, November 11-17, 2011.
- B. Ferri, J. Auerbach, J. Michaels, and D, Williams, "TESSAL: A Program for Incorporating Experiments into Lecture-Based Courses within the ECE Curriculum," ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, Vancouver, Canada, June 2011.
- S. Ahmed and B. Ferri, "Predication-Based Bandwidth Reservation," IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Atlanta, vol., no., pp.5302-5307, 15-17 Dec. 2010.
- B. Ferri and A. Ferri, "Reconfiguration of IIR Filters in Response to Computer Resource Availability," ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems, v 9, n 1, article 2, p. 1-25, October 2009.
- ElMoustapha Ould-Ahmed-Vall, Douglas M. Blough, Bonnie Heck Ferri, George F. Riley, "Distributed Global ID Assignment for Wireless Sensor Networks," Ad Hoc v 7, n 6, 1194-216, Aug. 2009.
- Ferri, B.H, Ahmed, S. Michaels, J., Dean, E., Garvet, C., Shearman, S., "Signal Processing Experiments With LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT Kit for Use in Signals and Systems Courses," Proceedings of the American Control Conference, St. Louis, pp. 3787-3792, June 2009.
- ElMoustapha Ould-Ahmed-Vall, George F. Riley, Bonnie S. Heck, "Large-Scale Sensor Networks Simulation with GTSNetS," Transactions of the Society for Modeling and Simulation Journal, SIMULATION, Vol. 83, No. 3, 273-290, 2007.
- Kamen, E.W. and Heck, B.S., Fundamentals of Signals and Systems with MATLAB and the Web, 3rd Ed., Prentice Hall, 2006. Associated Website at http://users.ece.gatech.edu/~bonnie/book3/
- E. Ould-Ahmed-Vall, B. S. Heck and G. F. Riley, "Simulation of Large-Scale Networked Control Systems Using GTSNetS," in Networked and Embedded Sensing and Control, Springer Verlag Lecture Notes in Control and Information Science, Volume 331/2006, pp. 87-106.
- B.S. Heck, "Software Technologies for Complex Control Systems," in The Electrical Engineering Handbook, ed. by Wai-Kai Chen, Elsevier Academic Press, Burlington, MA, 2005, pages 1161-1170.
- B.S. Heck, Linda M. Wills and George J. Vachtsevanos, "Software technology for implementing reusable, distributed control systems," IEEE Control Systems Magazine, vol.1, February 2003, pp. 21-35.
- Ferri, A.A. and Heck, B.S., "Vibration Analysis of Dry Friction Damped Turbine Blades Using Singular Perturbation Theory," ASME Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, vol. 120, no. 2, pp. 588-595, April 1998.
- Gezgin, C., Heck, B.S. and Bass, R.M., "Simultaneous Design of Power Stage and Controller for Switching Power Supplies," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol 12, no. 3, pp. 558-566, May 1997.
- Heck, B.S. and Ferri, A.A., "Model Reduction of a Coulomb Friction Damped System Using Singular Perturbation Theory," ASME Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, vol. 118, no. 1, pp. 84-91, March 1996.
- Ferri, A.A. and Heck, B.S., "Analytical Investigation of Damping Enhancement Using Active and Passive Structural Joints," AIAA Journal of Guidance, Control and Dynamics, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 1258-1264, Sept.-Oct. 1992.
- Heck, B.S., "Sliding Mode Control for Singularly Perturbed Systems," International Journal of Control, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 985-1001, April 1991.
Last revised on April 04, 2012.