Faculty Profile - James O Hamblen
Computer Systems and Software
Office: Klaus 3308
Selected Publications, Patents
- Hamblen, J. O. and Hall, T., "System on Programmable-Chip Development Platforms in the Classroom," IEEE Transactions on Education, 2004.
- Newman, K., Hamblen, J.0., and Hall, T., "An Introductory Digital Design Course Using a Low-cost Autonomous Robot," IEEE Transactions on Education, pp.289-296, vol. 45, no. 3, August 2002.
- Hamblen, J. and Furman, M., Rapid Prototyping of Digital Systems Second Edition, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 284 pages, August 2001.
- Hamblen, J. "FPGAs for Rapid Prototyping," in the Computer Engineering Handbook, 30 pages, V. Oklobzija editor, CRC Press, December 2001.
- Hamblen, J.O., "Rapid Prototyping Using Field Programmable Logic Devices," IEEE Micro, pp. 29-37, vol.20 no.3, May/June 2000.
- Hamblen, J.O. and Parker, A., "Optimal value for the Newton-Raphson Division Algorithm," Information Processing Letters, vol. 42, pp. 141-144, May 1992.
- Braham, R. and Hamblen, J.O., "Design of a Neural Network Model with a Biologically Motivated Architecture," IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 251-262, April 1990.
- Parker, A. and Hamblen, J.O., "A Fast Technique for the Evaluation of Unary Floating Point Functions," Transactions on Simulation, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 99-108, April 1988.
- Hamblen, J.O. and Alford, C.O., "A Parallel Computer Architecture for Continuous Simulation," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronics, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 719-725, November 1988.
- Braham, R. and Hamblen, J.O., "Simulation of Integrated Circuits," Transactions on Simulation, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 243-263, October 1988.
Last revised on June 06, 2008.