Faculty Profile - Mark A Clements
|Joseph M. Pettit Professor in Digital Signal Processing; Director, Interactive Media Technology Center|
Bioengineering, and Digital Signal Processing (Group Chair)
Office: Cent 5226
Interactive Media Technology Center
Selected Publications, Patents
- Elliot Moore, Mark Clements, John Peifer, and Lydia Weisser, "Investigating the Impact of Voice Source Analysis in Classifying Clinical Depression," IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 96-108, January 2008.
- Mark Clements and Marsal Gavaldą, "Voice/Audio Information Retrieval: Minimizing the Need for Human Ears," In Proceedings of the IEEE Workshop on Automatic Speech Recognition and Understanding (ASRU), Kyoto, December 2007 (invited paper and talk).
- "Phonetic Searching," Peter Cardillo, Mark Clements, Ed Price, Patent Number, 7,263,484, Granted August 28, 2007.
- Kaustubh Kalgaonkar and Mark Clements, "Vocal Tract and Area Function Estimation with both Lip and Glottal Losses," Proceedings of InterSpeech, Antwerp, August 2007.
- Matthew E. Lee, Adriane Swalm Durey, Elliot Moore, and Mark Clements, "Ultra Low Bit Rate Speech Coding Using an Ergodic Hidden Markov Model," International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP), Philadelphia, March 2005.
- Robert Morris and Mark Clements, "Reconstruction of Speech from Whispers," International Journal of Medical Engineering and Physics, Dec 2002, pp 515-520.
- Xiaozheng Zhang, Charles C. Broun, Russell M. Mersereau, Mark A. Clements, "Automatic Speechreading with Applications to Human-Computer Interfaces," EURASIP JASP special Issue on Joint Audio-Visual Speech Processing, October 2002, pp1228-1248.
- G. Miao and M. Clements, Digital Signal Processing and Statistical Pattern Recognition, Artech House, 508 pages, June 2002.
- Cardillo, P. Clements, M., Miller, M., "Phonetic Searching vs Large Vocabulary Continuous Speech Recognition," International Journal of Speech Technology, pp 9-22, January 2002.
- "Singing Voice Synthesis," with E. George, M. Macon, L. Jensen-Link, J. Oliverio, Patent number 6,304,846, Granted: October 16, 2001.
- "Apparatus and Method for Modifying a Speech Waveform to Compensate for Recruitment of Loudness," Patent number 5,274,711, Granted: December 27, 1993.
- S. R. Quackenbush, T. P. Barnwell, and M. A. Clements, Objective Measures for Speech Quality Testing, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ 1988.
Last revised on June 06, 2008.