Faculty Profile - John A. Buck
Optics and Photonics, and Electromagnetics
Office: VL E396F
Selected Publications, Patents
- D.X. Wang, J.A. Buck, K. Brennan, and I.T. Ferguson, "Numerical Model of Wavelength Converters Based on Cross-Gain Modulation in Semiconductor Optical Amplifiers" (Large-Signal Theory), Applied Optics, vol. 45, pp. 4701-4708, July, 2006.
- William H. Hayt. Jr. and John A. Buck, Engineering Electromagnetics, 7th ed., McGraw-Hill, Burr Ridge, 2005.
- K. -S. Lee, M. C. Gross, S. E. Ralph, and J. A. Buck, "Wavelength Conversion Using N=2 Soliton Decay and Recovery in Fiber, Initiated by Dispersion Steps", IEEE Photon. Tech. Lett., vol. 16, pp. 554-556, February, 2004.
- John A. Buck, Fundamentals of Optical Fibers, 2nd ed., Wiley Interscience, Hoboken, 2004.
- K. -S. Lee and J. A. Buck, "Wavelength Conversion through Higher-Order Soliton Splitting Initiated by Localized Channel Perturbations," J. Opt. Soc. Am. B, vol. 20, pp. 514-519, March, 2003.
- John A. Buck, "Nonlinear Effects in Optical Fibers," Chapter 3 in the Optical Society of America Handbook, vol. IV, M. Bass, ed., McGraw-Hill, New York, 2000. Later reprinted under the same title in Fiber Optics Handbook, McGraw-Hill, New York, 2001.
- J. A. Buck, H. Owen, J. P. Uyemura, C. M. Verber, and D. J. Blumenthal, "An Optical Communication Design Laboratory," IEEE Trans. Educ., vol. 42, pp. 138-143, May, 1999 (IEEE Education Society Best Paper Award, 1999).
Last revised on June 06, 2008.