Faculty Profile - Santiago Carlos "Santiago" Grijalva
|Associate Professor; Associate Director for Electricity Strategic Energy Institute (SEI); Georgia Power Distinguished Professor|
Office: VL E284
ACES - Advanced Computational Electricity Systems
Selected Publications, Patents
- T. Hubert, S. Grijalva, "Advanced Modeling for Residential Electricity Optimization in Dynamic Pricing Environments", IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, Special Issue on Intelligent Buildings and Home Energy Management, December, 2012.
- A. Roy, S. Grijalva, "Automated Handling of Arbitrary Switching Device Topologies in Planning Contingency Analysis: Towards Temporal Interoperability in Network Security Assessment", IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, December, 2012.
- N. Ainsworth, M. Costley, J. Thomas, M. Jezierny, S. Grijalva: "Versatile Autonomous Smartgrid Testbed (VAST): A Flexible, Reconfigurable Testbed for Research on Autonomous Control for Critical Electricity Grids", in Proceedings of the North American Power Symposium, Champaign, IL, September 9-11, 2012.
- S. Grijalva, “Individual Branch and Path Necessary Condition for Saddle-Node Bifurcation Voltage Collapse”, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 29, No. 1, pp. 12-19, February. 2012.
- S. Grijalva, "Multi-Scale, Multi-Dimensional Computational Algorithms for Next Generation Electric Power Grid", DOE Workshop on Computational Needs for Next Generation Electric Power Grid, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, April 18-20, 2011.
- M.U. Tariq, S. Grijalva, M. Wolf, "Towards a Distributed, Service-Oriented Control Infrastructure for Smart Grid", ACM/IEEE Second International Conference on Cyber-Physical Systems, Chicago, IL, April 11-14, 2011.
- J. Liang, S. Grijalva, R. Harley, "Increased Wind Revenue and System Security by Trading Wind Power in Energy and Regulation Reserve Markets", IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp. 340-347, February, 2011.
- S. Grijalva, M. Costley, "Prosumer-Based Smart Grid Architecture Enables a Flat, Sustainable Electricity Industry", IEEE PES Conference on Innovative Smart Grid Technologies (ISGT), Anaheim, California, January 17-19, 2011.
- T. Hubert, S. Grijalva, "Realizing Smart Grid Benefits Requires Energy Optimization Algorithms at Residential Level", IEEE Conference on Innovative Smart Grid Technologies (ISGT), Anaheim, California, January 17-19, 2011.
- S. Grijalva, "Direct Use of Planning Applications in the Real-time Environment", IEEE Transmission and Distribution Conference and Exposition, Chicago, USA, April 21-24, 2008.
- S. Grijalva, A. Visnesky, "The Effect of Generation on Network Security: Spatial Representation, Metrics, and Policy", IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 21, No. 23, August 2006.
- S. Grijalva, P.W. Sauer, "A Necessary Condition for Power Flow Jacobian Singularity based on Branch Complex Flows", IEEE Transactions on Circuits and System I, Vol. 52, No. 7, pp. 1406-1413, July 2005.
- S. Grijalva, P.W. Sauer, "Identification of Weak Transmission Elements in Static Collapse Analysis", Proceedings of the Bulk Power System Dynamics and Control VI, Cortina d'Ampezzo, Italy, August 22-27, 2004.
- S. Grijalva, P.W. Sauer, J.D. Weber, "Enhancement of Linear ATC Calculations by the Incorporation of Reactive Power Flows Transfer Capability", IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 18, No. 2, May 2003.
- S. Grijalva, P.W. Sauer, "Reactive Power Considerations in ATC Computation", International Journal of Decision Support Systems, Elsevier North Holland, Vol. 30, pp. 327-340, June 2001.
Last revised on October 04, 2012.