Faculty Profile - Edward J Coyle
|Arbutus Chair for the Integration of Research and Education; Georgia Research Alliance Eminent Scholar; Director, Arbutus Center for the Integration of Research and Education|
Digital Signal Processing
Office: Cent 5224/Klaus 3132
Selected Publications, Patents
- V. Kapnadak, M. Senel and E.J. Coyle, "Adaptive Quantization for Distributed Characterization of Interferers in Wireless Networks," SenSIP 2008 Special Issue of Digital Signal Processing, Vol. 22, No. 1, Jan 2012.
- X. Sun and E.J. Coyle, "Quantization, Channel Compensation, and Optimal Energy Allocation for Estimation in Sensor Networks," ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks, Vol. 8, No. 2, May 2011.
- X. Sun and E.J. Coyle, "Low-Complexity Algorithms for Event Detection in Wireless Sensor Networks," IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, Vol. 28, No. 7, pp. 1138 -1148, Sept. 2010.
- N.I. Clement and E.J. Coyle, "The Social Entrepreneurship Initiative," 12'th Annual Conference of the National Collegiate Inventors and Innovators Alliance, Dallas, TX, March 20-22, 2008.
- P. Navarrete and E.J. Coyle, "A Semi-algebraic Approach that Enables the Design of Inter-grid Operators to Optimize Multi-grid Convergence," Numerical Linear Algebra with Applications, Vol. 15, pp. 219-247, March 2008.
- M. Senel, K. Chintalapudi, D. Lal, A. Keshavarzian, and E.J. Coyle, "A Kalman Filter Based Link Quality Estimation Scheme for Wireless Sensor Networks," Proceedings of IEEE GLOBECOM 2007, Washington DC, Nov. 26-30, 2007.
- S. Bandyopadhyay, E.J. Coyle, and T. Falck "Stochastic Properties of Mobility Models in Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks," IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, Vol. 6, No. 11, pp. 1218-1229, Nov. 2007.
- N.I. Clement and E.J. Coyle, "Fostering Awareness of Global and Social Issues through Entrepreneurship Education and Innovative Commercialization Policies," Worldwide Universities Network: Entrepreneurship and Global Impact Conference, Chicago, IL, Oct. 4-6, 2007.
- Q. Tian and E.J. Coyle, "Optimal Distributed Detection in Clustered Wireless Sensor Networks," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 55, No. 7, pp. 1-13, July 2007.
- Q.-J. Tian, S. Bandyopadhyay, and E.J. Coyle, Designing Directional Antennas to Maximize Spatio-temporal Sampling Rates in Multi-hop Clustered Sensor Networks, Journal of Internet Technology, Vol. 8 No. 1, Jan 2007 (invited paper)
- Q.-J. Tian and E.J. Coyle, "A MAC-Layer Retransmission Algorithm Designed for the Physical Layer Characteristics of Clustered Sensor Networks," IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, Vol. 5, No. 11, pp. 3153-64, Nov. 2006.
- E.J. Coyle, L.H. Jamieson, and W.C. Oakes, "Integrating Engineering Education and Community Service: Themes for the Future of Engineering Education," Journal of Engineering Education, Vol. 95, No. 1, pp. 7-12, January 2006 (invited paper)
Last revised on November 30, 2011.