Faculty Profile - Jongman Kim
Computer Systems and Software
Office: Klaus 2362
Selected Publications, Patents
- J. Lee, C.A. Nicopoulos, H. Lee, S. Panth, S. Lim, and J. Kim, "IsoNet: Hardware-based Job Queue Management for Manycore Architectures" to appear in the IEEE Transactions on VLSI (TVLSI), October, 2012.
- M. Evripidou, C.A. Nicopoulos, V. Soteriou, and J. Kim, "Virtualizing Virtual Channels for Increased Network-on-Chip Robustness and Upgradeability", to appear in Proc. the IEEE Computer Society Annual Symposium on VLSI (ISVLSI 2012), August, 2012, Amherst, MA.
- J. Lee, H. Lee, S. Ha, J. Kim and C.A. Nicopoulos, "A Programmable Processing Array Architecture Supporting Dynamic Task Scheduling and Module-Level Prefetching", in Proc. the 12th ACM International Conference on Computing Frontiers, pp. 153-162, May, 2012, Cagliari, Italy.
- H. Lee, S. Baek, C. Nicopoulos, and J. Kim, "An Energy- and Performance-Aware DRAM Cache Architecture for Hybrid DRAM/PCM Main Memory Systems", in Proc. the 29th IEEE International Conference on Computer Design (ICCD 2011), October, 2011, Amherst, MA.
- S. Kang, C. Nicopoulos, H. Lee, and J. Kim, "A High-Performance and Energy-Efficient Virtually Tagged Stack Cache Architecture for Multi-Core Environments", in Proc. the 13th IEEE International Conference on High Performance Computing and Communications (HPCC 2011), (Best Paper Award out of 271 papers submitted) pp. 58-67, September, 2011, Banff, Canada.
- M. Diao, C.A. Nicopoulos, and J. Kim, "Large-Scale Semantic Concept Detection on Manycore Platforms for Multimedia Mining", in Proc. the 25th IEEE International Parallel & Distributed Processing Symposium (25th IPDPS), May, 2011, Anchorage, AK (acceptance rate=20%).
- J. Lee, Y. Kim, G.M. Shipman, and J. Kim, "Preemptive Garbage Collection for Solid State Drive ", in Proc. IEEE International Symposium on Performance Analysis of Systems and Software (ISPASS 2011), (Best Paper Nominee) April, 2011, Austin, TX.
- M. Diao and J. Kim, "Multimedia Mining on Manycore Architectures: The Case for GPUs" in Proc. the International Symposium on Visual Computing (ISVC), pp. 619-630, November, 2009, Las Vegas, NV.
- J. Kim, C. A. Nicopoulos, D. Park, R. Das, Y. Xie, N. Vijaykrishnan, and C. R.Das, "A Novel Dimensionally-Decomposed Router for On-Chip Communication in 3D Architectures", in Proc. the 34rd Annual International Symposium on Computer Architecture (The 34rd ISCA), pp. 139-148, June 9-13, 2007, San Diego, CA (acceptance rate=22%).
- C. A. Nicopoulos, D. Park, J. Kim, N. Vijaykrishnan, and C. R. Das, "ViChaR: A Dynamic Virtual Channel Regulator for Network-on-Chip Routers", in Proc. the 39th Annual IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Microarchitecture, 2006 (Micro-39), pp. 333-344, December, 2006, Orlando, FL.
- J. Kim, C. A. Nicopoulos, D. Park, M.S.Yousif, N.Vijaykrishnan, and C. R. Das, "A Gracefully Degrading and Energy-Efficient Modular Router Architecture for On-Chip Networks", in Proc. the 33rd Annual International Symposium on Computer Architecture (The 33rd ISCA), pp. 4-15, June, 2006, Boston, MA (acceptance rate=13%).
Last revised on September 05, 2012.