Faculty Profile - Ayanna MacCalla Howard
|Professor; Linda J. and Mark C. Smith Chair Professor|
Systems and Controls
Office: TSRB 444
Selected Publications, Patents
- A. Howard, C.H. Park, S. Remy, "Designing Haptic and Auditory Interaction Tools for Teaching Robot Programming to Students with Visual Impairments," IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies, Vol. 5(1), pgs. 87-95, Jan 2012.
- D. Brooks, A. Howard, "Quantifying Upper-Arm Rehabilitation Metrics for Children through Interaction with a Humanoid Robot," Applied Bionics and Biomechanics, pre-print DOI: 10.3233/ABB-2011-0047, 2012.
- S. Williams, L. Parker, A. Howard, "Calibration and Validation of Earth-observing Sensors using Deployable Surface-based Sensor Networks," IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Earth Observations and Remote Sensing, Vol. 3, No. 4, pgs. 427-432, Dec. 2010.
- H.W. Park, A. Howard, "Case-Based Reasoning for Planning Turn-Taking Strategy with a Therapeutic Robot Playmate," IEEE Int. Conf. on Biomedical Robotics and Biomechatronics, pgs. 40-45, Japan, Sept. 2010.
- A. Viguria, A. Howard, "Probabilistic Analysis of Market-Based Algorithms for Initial Robotic Formations," International Journal of Robotics Research, Vol. 29, No. 9, pgs. 1154–1172, August 2010.
Last revised on October 29, 2012.