Faculty Profile - Gisele Bennett
|Professor; Director, Electro-Optical Systems Laboratory - GTRI|
Optics and Photonics
Office: Baker 327A
Selected Publications, Patents
- Andrew Hardin, Jason Zutty, Gisele Bennett, Ningjian Huang, PhD, and Gregory Rohling "Optimization of a Factory Line using Multi Objective Evolutionary Algorithms," in Dynamics in Logistics: Fourth International Conference, LDIC 2014 Bremen, Germany Feb/March 2014 Proceedings, Hans-Jorg Kreowski, Bernd Scholz-Reiter, and Klaus-Dieter Thoben Eds., Springer, TBD.
- Zutty, J., Long, D., Adams, H., Bennett, G., and Baxter, C., "Multiple Objective Vector-Based Genetic Programming Using Human-Derived Primitives," Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (Madrid, Spain, 2015).
- E. Lam, G. Bennett, C. Fernandez-Cull, D. Gerwe, M. Kriss, and Z. Zalevsky, "Imaging systems and signal recovery: introduction to feature issue," Appl. Opt. 54, IS1-IS2 (2015).
- G. Bennett, "Focus on institutional research at Georgia Tech:editorial," Appl. Opt. 53, ED3-ED4 (2014).
- 8406082 - (PCT/US2007/001496 Pub No: WO/2008/088341/ U.S. Application No. 12/523,622) Determining Enclosure Breach Ultrasonically (issued 3/26/13).
- U.S. Patent No. 8,810 - (,398US 2013/0187777 A1 W02012021136) - Container status monitoring systems and methods.
- Gisele Bennett, "The future of manufacturing utilizing tagging technology," in Dynamics in Logistics: Third International Conference, LDIC 2012 Bremen, Germany Feb/March 2012 Proceedings, Hans-Jorg Kreowski, Bernd Scholz-Reiter, and Klaus-Dieter Thoben Eds., Springer, 2013.
- G. Bennett, P. Catrysse, J. Farrell, B. Fowler, and J. Mait, "Imaging systems and applications," Appl. Opt. 51, ISA1-ISA1 (2012).
- G. Bennett, "Tricks in Analyzing non-Conventional Optical Systems," in Imaging and Applied Optics Technical Papers, OSA Technical Digest (online) (Optical Society of America, 2012), paper IM3C.2.
- J. Christopher James, David Roberts, Terence Haran, R. Brandon Vaughan, Gisele Bennett, "Use of Wavefront Coding to Extend the Depth of Field in Night Vision Devices", Photonics Ireland 2011, Dublin, Ireland, (September 2011).
- J. Christopher James, R. Brandon Vaughan, Jack W. Wood, Gisele Bennett, Russell Draper, Art Hastings, James Stevens, Kyle Bryant, "Performance Testing of an Extended Depth of Field Digital Night Vision Device", 2010 Imaging and Applied Optics: OSA Optics & Photonics Congress, Tucson, AZ, June 2010
- Allison J. Mercer, Ryan K. James, Gisele Bennett, Priyank Patel, James Cai, and Chase Johnston "RFID Testing and Evaluation for an RF-Harsh Environment", Proceedings 2011 IEEE International Conference on RFID, Sitges, Spain (Sept 2011)
- Allison J. Mercer, Ryan K. James, Gisele Bennett, Priyank Patel, James Cai, and Chase Johnston "Performance Testing of RFID Systems with Varying Materials in an RF-Harsh Environment", Proceedings 2011 IEEE International Conference on RFID, Sitges, Spain (Sept 2011).
- Ismail Uysal, Jean-Pierre Emond, and Gisele Bennett, "Tag Testing Methodology for RFID Enabled Temperature Tracking and Shelf Life Estimation," Proceedings 2011 IEEE International Conference on RFID, Sitges, Spain (Sept 2011).
- Ismail Uysal, Jean-Pierre Emond, and Gisele Bennett, "A Computationally Efficient and Scalable Shelf Life Estimation Model for Wireless Temperature Sensors in the Supply Chain," Proceedings 10th International Conference on Modeling and Applied Simulation, Rome, Italy (Sept 2011).
- R. Driggers and G. Bennett, "Superresolution Systems," in Imaging Systems, OSA Technical Digest (CD) (Optical Society of America, 2010), paper IWB1. (INVITED)
- Gisele Bennett, William T. Rhodes, and J. Christopher James, "Coherence Theory: Tools and Applications", in Handbook of Optics Vol. 1 3rd ed., Bass et al eds, McGraw-Hill, 2009.
- Patent - (PCT/US2007/001368 Pub No: WO/2008/091244)- Determining Enclosure Intrusions.
- European Patent Application #10855985.7 "Container Status Monitoring Systems and Methods."
- 6,972,682, Monitoring and Tracking of Assets by Utilizing Wireless Communications Patent.
- Copyright for Wave Propagation Computer Program, no. Txu 376-047.
Last revised on July 13, 2015.