Faculty Profile - Linda M Wills
VLSI Systems and Digital Design, and Computer Systems and Software
Office: Klaus 3310
Selected Publications, Patents
- Wills, L. and Wills, S., "MiSaSim: A Resource-Aware Programming Environment for Computer Systems Engineering Education," Frontiers in Education Conference (FIE07), pp. S1C:7-12, Milwaukee, WI, October 2007.
- Valentine, B., Apewokin, S., Wills, L., Wills, S., and Gentile, A., "Midground Object Detection in Real World Video Scenes," to appear in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Advanced Video and Signal-based Surveillance (AVSS), London, UK, September 2007.
- Huang, T. C., Wills, L., Melton, R., and Alford, C., "Predicting Communication Protocol Performance on Superscalar Architectures using Instruction Dependency," Performance Evaluation, Volume 63, Issues 9-10, pp. 939-955, October 2006.
- Wills, L., Auerbach, J., and Hughes, J., " Partners in Transitioning to Tech: Supporting Students Who Follow Nontraditional Paths to Engineering Degrees," Frontiers in Education Conference (FIE06), San Diego, California, pp. S4G:3-8, October 2006, Top Five Finalist for Benjamin J. Dasher Best Paper Award.
- Kim, H., Wills, S., and Wills, L., "Reducing Operand Communication Overhead using Instruction Clustering for Multimedia Applications," Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Multimedia (ISM 2005),pp. 345-352, Irvine, California, December 2005.
- Kim, J., Wills, S., and Wills, L., "Implementing and Evaluating a Color-Aware Instruction Set for Low-Memory, Embedded Video Processing in Data Parallel Architectures," in Proceedings of the IFIP International Conference on Embedded and Ubiquitous Computing (EUC 2005), Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 3824, Springer-Verlag, pages 4 - 16, Nagasaki, Japan, December 6-9, 2005. Received Best Paper Award.
- Baumstark, L. and Wills, L., "Retargeting Sequential Image-Processing Programs for Data Parallel Execution," IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, Vol. 31, No. 2, pp. 116-136, Feb. 2005.
- Gentile, A., Sander, S., Wills, L., and Wills, S., "Impact of Pixel to Processor Ratio in Embedded SIMD Image Processing Architectures," Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, 64:(11), pages 1318-1327, November 2004.
- Heck, B., Wills, L., and Vachtsevanos, G., "Software Technology for Implementing Reusable, Distributed Control Systems," IEEE Control Systems Magazine, Vol. 23, Number 1, pp.21-35, February 2003. Received the 2002-2003 Control Systems Magazine Outstanding Paper Award.
- Janka, R., Wills, L., and Baumstark, L., "Virtual Benchmarking and Model Continuity in Prototyping Embedded Multiprocessor Signal Processing Systems," IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, Vol. 28, No. 9, pp. 832-846, September 2002.
- Wills, L., Kannan, S., Sander, S., Guler, M., Heck, B., Prasad, J.V.R., Schrage, D., and Vachtsevanos, G., "An Open Platform for Reconfigurable Control," IEEE Control Systems Magazine, pp. 49-64, June 2001.
- Rugaber, S., Stirewalt, K., and Wills, L. M., "Understanding Interleaved Code," Automated Software Engineering, Volume 3, Numbers 1-2, pp. 47-76, June 1996; expanded version of International Conference on Software Maintenance (ICSM) 1995 paper which received Best Paper Award.
- C. Rich and L. M. Wills, "Recognizing a Program's Design: A Graph-Parsing Approach," IEEE Software, Volume 7, Number 1, pp. 82-89, January 1990. Reprinted in Artificial Intelligence at MIT: Expanding Frontiers, pp. 196-215, (P. H. Winston, ed.), Cambridge, MA: MIT Press (1990); Software Reengineering, pp. 534-541, (R. Arnold, Ed.), Los Alamitos, CA: IEEE Computer Society Press (1992).
Last revised on June 06, 2008.