Faculty Profile - George Vachtsevanos
Office: VL E392
Intelligent Control Systems Laboratory
Selected Publications, Patents
- T. Hegazy, B. Ludington, and G. Vachtsevanos, "Reconnaissance and Surveillance in Urban Terrain with Unmanned Aerial Vehicles," Proc. 16th IFAC World Congress, July 2005.
- G. Drozeski and G. Vachtsevanos, "A Fault-Tolerant Architecture with Reconfigurable Path Planning Applied to an Unmanned Rotorcraft," in Proceedings of the American Helicopter Society 61st Annual Forum, Grapevine, TX, June 2005.
- G. Drozeski, B. Saha, and G. Vachtsevanos, "A Fault Detection and Reconfigurable Control Architecture for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles," in Proceedings of the IEEE Aerospace Conference, Big Sky, MT, March 2005.
- B. Ludington, L. Tang and G. Vachtsevanos, "Target Tracking in an Urban Environment Using Particle Filters," in Proc. IEEE Aerospace Conference, March 2005.
- G. Drozeski, B. Saha, and G. Vachtsevanos, "A Fault-Tolerant Architecture for an Unmanned Rotorcraft," in Proceedings of the AHS International Specialists' Meeting on Unmanned Rotorcraft, Chandler, AZ, January 2005.
- G. Vachtsevanos, L. Tang, G. Drozeski, and L. Gutierrez, "From Mission Planning to Flight Control of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles: Strategies and Implementation Tools," in Annual Reviews in Control, 2004.
- L. Gutierrez, G. Vachtsevanos, and B. Heck, "An Approach to the Adaptive Mode Transition Control of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles," Proceedings of 2003 American Control Conference, Denver, CO, June 2003.
- E.N. Johnson, J.L. Paunicka, D.E. Corman, B.R. Mendel, D.P. Schrage, and G.J. Vachtsevanos, "Open Control Platform: A Road Towards More Capable Flight Control," Proceedings of the Euro UVS Unmanned Aerial Vehicles International Technical Conference and Exhibition, June 2003.
- L. B. Gutierrez, G. Vachtsevanos, and B. Heck, "A Hierarchical/Intelligent Control Architecture for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles," Proceedings of 11th Mediterranean Conference on Control and Automation MED 2003, Rhodes, Greece, June 2003.
- M. Guler, S. Clements, L. Wills, B. Heck, and G. Vachtsevanos, "Generic Transition Management for Reconfigurable Hybrid Control Systems," IEEE Control Systems Magazine, Vol. 23, No. 1, pp. 36-49, February 2003.
- B. Heck, L. Wills, and G. Vachtsevanos, "Software Technology for Implementing Reusable, Distributed Control Systems," IEEE Control Systems Magazine, Vol. 23, No. 1, pp. 21-35, February 2003 (IEEE Control Systems Magazine Outstanding Paper Award for the years 2002-2003).
- G. Vachtsevanos, F. Rufus, J.V.R. Prasad, I. Yavrucuk, D. Schrage, B. Heck, and L. Wills, "An Intelligent Methodology for Real-time Adaptive Mode Transitioning and Limit Avoidance of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles," Software-Enabled Control: Information Technologies for Dynamical Systems, (T. Samad and G. Balas, Eds.), IEEE Press, pp. 225-252, 2003.
Last revised on June 06, 2008.