PhD Mentor Highlights
Mentor Words of Wisdom
Matt trotter, PhD Candidate, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Click here to see ORS mentor leading best practices component of mentor training
ORS Program Highlights
ECE ORS Newsletters
- February 2011 (pdf; 2.52 MB)
- December, 2010 (pdf; 2.52 MB)
- February 28, 2010 (pdf; 2.52 MB)
- November 10, 2009 (pdf; 2.52 MB)
- May 22, 2009 (pdf; 2.81 MB)
- March 2, 2009 (pdf; 4.48 MB)
- November 20, 2008 (pdf; 536 kb)
- October 1, 2008 (pdf; 217 kb)
- February 20, 2008 (pdf; 189 kb)
- January 10, 2008 (pdf; 277 kb)
- November 7, 2007 (pdf; 169 kb)
- September 27, 2007 (pdf; 230 kb)
2009-2010 Opportunity Research Scholars Poster Competition
1st Place Research Poster Award: The Wireless Power Research Team, Scholars Courtney Drewski, Santiago Hässig, Jayson Jenkins, Rodrigo Quinteros.
|2nd Place Research Poster Award: The Power Transmission and Distribution Research Team, Scholars Nanley Chery, David Saenz-Landazabal, Raymond Engle|
|Best Research Presentation Award: The Microwave Guided Quality Control Research Team, Scholars Constance Brown, Pujita Vijayvargiya, Nidhi Joshi and Andrew Sivers.|
|People’s Choice Research Award: The Systems and Controls Research Team, Scholars Jeff Lumish and Joey Yore.|
Previous Competition Winners
- 2008-2009 ORS Competition Winners
- 2007-2008 ORS Competition Winners
- 2006-2007 Intel Poster Competition Winners
ORS Participants' Quotes
"I saw my mentees make gradual progress in their project. They
soon became more confident in doing the required research independently.
This was a rewarding experience."
- Farhana Zaman (2007-2008 Mentor)
"I....attended my mentor's PhD proposal presentation. The insight
that I gathered from her work has further convinced me to continue
my education beyond the undergraduate years."
- Michael Digman (2007-2008 Scholar)
"Both my mentor and research lab are awesome!"
- Veronica Harley (2007-2008 Scholar)
"The entire Propagation Lab made my research experience what
it was. They are so friendly and helpfu! I cannot begin to describe
how much I love working in that lab!"
- Courney Drewski (2007-2008 Scholar)
Previous Particpants' Quotes
Last revised on November 20, 2009.