ECE Outreach: Equipment Available for Demonstrations
The following equipment, demos, and experimental set-ups are available for faculty and student organizations to check out during outreach events or school visits.
- Van de Graaff generator (400kV) and discharge wand
- High-frequency Tesla Coil (50kV)
- Ring launcher to demonstrate Lenz’s law
- Levitation kit with 1” superconductor disc (requires liquid nitrogen)
- Leyden jar
- Spectrum set for studying spectral lines. Includes Helium, Hydrogen and Neon spectrum tubes.
- Hydrogen fuel-cell system that uses proton-exchange membrane technology (requires distilled water and a table lamp)
- Twenty-five sets of simple buzzer circuit (good for elementary students). Includes a buzzer, 9V battery, push-button switch and wire connectors.
- Power generation with LED and incandescent bulbs to show efficiency
- Solar power generation system
- Lego mobile robot showing the effect of active control
- 4-bit binary adder circuit
- Electricity lab kits suitable for middle school science class
Last revised on September 18, 2009.