All Future Updates Will Be At This Website: www.waitlesstracking.com - Please Click Here.
The site you're at is outdated and not being maintained.
What is WaitLess?
The WaitLess system we developed tracks all the buses on the Georgia Institute of Technology Campus.
It is a standalone system that is solar powered and wireless internet driven; this allows the system to be placed at any bus stop easily with no external power or internet connection requirements.
The WaitLess system consists of a case/sign which has a custom display which lights LEDs positioned on a map of the bus routes to indicate the location of all the buses on campus.
This way an informed decision can be made, to go ahead and walk or wait for the bus.
Live Demonstration At Atlantic Dr.
& 5th St. Bus Stop
Student Reactions During Live Demonstration
Watch Some More Videos Of WaitLess In Action!
Look At Some Pictures Of The WaitLess System!
View Source Code And All Supporting Documentation!
Why is our product needed?
- A student at the Georgia Institute of Technology often faces the dilemma of whether it will be quicker to wait for the next bus or to walk to his/her destination.
- Currently, one way a potential passenger knows where the buses are is by using NextBus' website which requires a computer to access.
- NextBus Tracking Website
- A potential passenger would have to have a cellphone with an internet connection to access this website while waiting at a bus stop.
- The only other option is to view a NextBus scrolling sign display which is only avialable at three bus stops on campus, presumably because these are the only bus stops with electricity available.
- Both of these ways show only a text based prediction, it only lists predicted arrival times in minutes.
- These predictions can be very inaccurate and can lead to more frustration. 96% of GA Tech students said they were dissatisfied with the current notification systems and bus service in general.