Faculty Profile - Farrokh Ayazi
|Professor; Director, Georgia Tech Analog Consortium; Ken Byers Professor|
Microelectronics/Microsystems, and Electronic Design and Applications
Office: TSRB 448
Selected Publications, Patents
- G. K. Ho and F. Ayazi, "Low frequency process-variation-insensitive temperature compensated temperature-stable micromechanical resonators," US patent 7,859,365, issue date December 28, 2010.
- F. Ayazi, M. Rais-Zadeh, and P. Kohl, "MEMS switched tunable inductors," US patent 7,847,669, issue date December 7, 2010.
- F. Ayazi and R. Abdolvand, "Monolithic Thin-Film Piezoelectric Filters," US patent 7,847,656, issue date December 7, 2010.
- Z. Hao, and F. Ayazi, "High-Q Longitudinal Block Resonators with Annexed Platform for Mass Sensing Applications," US patent 7,819,011, issue date October 26, 2010.
- F. Ayazi and R. Abdolvand, "Piezo-on-diamond resonators and resonator systems," US patent 7,812,692, issue date October 12, 2010.
- F. Ayazi, R. Abdolvand, H. Mirilavasani, "Single-resonator dual-frequency lateral-extension mode piezoelectric oscillators, and operating methods thereof," US patent 7,800,282, issue date September 21, 2010.
- F. Ayazi, "Method for Sealing and Backside Releasing of Microelectromechanical Systems," US patent 7,767,484, issue date August 3, 2010.
- F. Ayazi, B. Vakili Amini, and R. Abdolvand, "Capacitive microaccelerometers and fabrication methods," US patent 7,757,393, issue date July 20, 2010.
- P. Monajemi, P. Joseph, P. Kohl, and F. Ayazi, "A Low Cost Wafer-Level MEMS Packaging Technology," /Proc. IEEE Micro Electro Mechanical Systems Conference (MEMS'05)/, Miami, FL, Jan. 2005,pp. 634-637.
- S. Pourkamali and F. Ayazi, "Electrically Coupled MEMS Bandpass Filters, Parts I and II" Sensors and Actuators A, Aug. 2005, pp. 307-325.
- K. Sundaresan, G.K. Ho, S. Pourkamali, and F. Ayazi, "A Two-Chip, 4-MHz Microelectromechanical Reference Oscillator," /Proc. 2005 IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS 2005)/, May 2005, pp. 5461-5464.
- Z. Hao, S. Pourkamali, and F. Ayazi, "VHF Single Crystal Silicon Elliptic Bulk-Mode Capacitive Disk Resonators; Part I: Design and Modeling," IEEE Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, Vol. 13, No. 6, Dec. 2004, pp. 1043-1053.
- S. Pourkamali, Z. Hao, and F. Ayazi, "VHF Single Crystal Silicon Elliptic Bulk-Mode Capacitive Disk Resonators; Part II: Implementation and Characterization," IEEE Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, Vol. 13, No. 6, Dec. 2004, pp. 1054-1062.
- B.V. Amini and F. Ayazi, "A 2.5V 14-bit Sigma-Delta CMOS-SOI Capacitive Accelerometer," IEEE Journal of Solid State Circuits, Dec. 2004, pp. 2467-2476.
- F. Ayazi and K. Najafi, "A HARPSS Polysilicon Vibrating Ring Gyroscope," IEEE Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, Vol. 10, June 2001, pp. 169-179.
Last revised on May 17, 2011.